Pit Bikes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Pit Bikes
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:11:11 -0500
List,

  As I looked out the window this morning I saw a kid on a mini-bike putter
past.  That got me thinking about possibly getting a new pit bike.  The old
Schwinn has served me well for many years, but it's kinda big to fit atop
the trailer, and it can be a lot of work pedaling it against a 25 MPH Maxton
headwind.  I'm looking for something small with a simple gasoline engine.
Preferably something a bit nostalgic.  I'd love to have a Whizzer or old gas
bicycle conversion, but they'd be a tight fit on the trailer. Any
recommendations?

  Last time I rode a mini-bike we had a guide from a sycle bar mower (Looked
like a three foot spear tip) bolted to the front and we'd ride around
spearing dead trees.  Maybe that's why Mom would never let me get a motorcycle?

Chuck "Amazed that I survived my childhood" Rothfuss
ECTA #9
Pole Cat Hollow, NC