Re: Turbo's And Power Brakes

To: tschoen <j82244@fuse.net>, dkveuro@flash.net
Subject: Re: Turbo's And Power Brakes
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 18:15:09
Uh, are we drag racing or what? Plus most cas with turbo on the staging
line just don't make much boost because the rpms are not that high. Unless
you have a 5000 rpm stall converter and a Transbrake (mine will have that).
If running on the lakes or Maxton, no need to build lots of rpm and drop
the hammer. Smooth acceleration is what is called for (aggressive, but
smooth).

my 2 cents woth and worth every penny!

mayf

At 09:04 PM 3/9/00 -0500, tschoen wrote:
>OK-let's say the car is sitting at the starting line with 15-30 psi in the
>manifold and staged, now you're telling me that it's going to have enough
>brakes to prevent rolling thru the starting  beam-I don't think so.
>
>Don Kerr wrote:
>
>> Who's gonna be braking  on a full throttle???????
>> Check valves, check valves, check valves, and throw in a vac' tank.
>> Vac comes right back real quick on a closed throttle at 9000rpm!!!!!!!
>> But really it's no problem,only blowin' when you need the power Tim.
>> ..........DK.
>>      (Scrap-Iron Racin')

>> tschoen wrote:
>> >
>> > What happens to your power brakes when a turbo or blower is added-seems
>> > you wouldn't have any/much vac.
>> >
>> > Tim Schoeny

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)