Re: Turbo's And Power Brakes

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: Turbo's And Power Brakes
From: tschoen <j82244@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:07:34 -0500
Thanks to all who had constructive comments.I'm off the vac. thing now but do
wish to take exception to the opinion that Maxton doesn't require maximum (maybe
even violent !) acceleration off the starting line, although some combinations
may be more sensitive than others. It is after all  a long drag race without the
other car.The reason for maxing out at the line is not to "hole shot" the other
guy(who doesn't exist) but to provide enough time/distance in the upper gears to
achieve max terminal velocity for a particular combination.My combination
produces max speed with fairly high RPM launches-no power below 5,000 and
relatively high shift points 8,700.The difference is about 3-4 MPH between a max
effort launch and a "granny" one. That's just one of the small cube/low torque
facts of life.
                                                         Tim Schoeny