Re: Halon

To: Jonathan Amo <jamo@uswest.net>, Chris R Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Halon
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 09:50:30 -0700
List,
It's interesting that the oxygenated fuels required in California and other
areas (including some counties in Utah) have been found to form contaminants
which accumulate with very serious effects when they leach into groundwater.
 The result is that our air is cleaner but the water we drink may kill us.
The hasty enactment of pollution control laws could have a serious polluting
effect on your health.  As with the causes of acid rain and other pollutants
we are having to consider an ever widening range of interconnected problems
for all of us.  Who knows?  We may all be driving cars with fuel cells which
produce hydrogen from water which would emit no tailpipe pollutants but make
the residue from the fuel cell a toxic waste.  For an example, the salt
shipped from the Reilly Industries plant to Oregon to be used in recycling
aluminum cans.  The salt cake residue from the process is then shipped back
to Utah's west desert to a toxic waste site on the east side of the salt
flats for disposal.  Oregon will not allow the now toxic salt cake to be
stored in Oregon even though they benefit from the industry that causes the
toxic waste.  Do you recycle parts of your trash like my family does?
Leaves you wondering how much is left unanswered by the environmentalists in
accomplishing their admirable and lofty, stated goals.
Wes
> From: Jonathan Amo <jamo@uswest.net>
> To: Chris R Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
> CC: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>, land-speed <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
> Subject: Re: Halon
> Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 21:25:15 -0600
>
>Chris, octane and toxins and the like are definitely arguably linkable to
land
>speed racing, as are halon, nitrous oxide and other groovy ingredients.
Thank