Re: Fuel and Gas Class

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel and Gas Class
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:48:11 -0500
Howdy,
          ummm, whom have you been talking to about the rear steer concept?
I have not been told I can't do it, but that I could expect MANY inspectors
investigating the vehicle when it hit tech inspection. The word I have
gotten from Alan Fogliadini is that no one can say I can't do it, but that
I should PLEASE take their ADVICE and not do it, due to the many unknown
and therefore possibly unsafe conditions that may arise from the testing of
the vehicle. At this time I am continuing with this as a concept only, but
I still wish to leave open an option to build it.
         I also agree with your brother, those are the same reasons I was
attracted to this concept. I have some drawings now and >may<, after this
Speed week, begin building it, although I still wish to discuss this more
with as many people as possible while at the Salt before welding anything up.