Re: Fuel and Gas Class

To: "john robinson" <john@engr.wisc.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel and Gas Class
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:08:26 -0400
    John

    I think what Dan was trying to say is the rear steer has been tried
before mostly unsuccessfully. I know cause I was one that tried it. The only
high speed success that I am aware off was the Thrust project, but they had
a $2,000,000. computer making the necessary corrections for the "pilot". If
you asked Andy Green today about rear steer I don't think he would offer any
encouragement for the concept.
    Another point I would like to make however, is that none of the
governing bodies need to worry about adding rules to ban rear steer
vehicles. It just doesn't work at speed and I don't believe you'll ever get
it going fast enough to get into trouble. And if you do somehow manage to
make it work, well God bless you, innovation is what it's all about.

John Beckett, LSR #79