Re: NO EFI or crank fired ignition ?

To: V4GR@aol.com
Subject: Re: NO EFI or crank fired ignition ?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:02:36 -0700
Rich,
I met with a great deal of opposition when I first showed up with my car
on the Salt with the rear wheels tucked into the wheel wells. (Of course
George Fields had been running his car for a few years already with the
wheels inside.) The big argument was that the wheel wells and the
quarter panel were of one piece, therefore altering the wheel wells was
illegal!

It came to light that it was feared that the car would end up in the
vintage class, that never was the intent. However, if the body fit the
rules, I suppose I could run either with the old or the new. Not a hard
choice for me. The vintage class puts too much limit on speed.
Tom, Redding CA, 82 and headed for 110 degrees today. - #216 D/CC