Re: flatheads & GMC's

To: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>, ARDENDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: flatheads & GMC's
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:46:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hey RM,
I too started at the same time you did, also with
a stove bolt in a town full of flatheads.  I
eventually became president of our hot rod club -
only one other stovebolt ever showed up.  Through
all those early years, I never beat a flathead
beyond first gear with my chev.  I guess I envied
them and that's why I got into flat motors at
this stage in my life. They had such a neat sound
- - although my old Chev blasting through a
home-made split exhaust manifold with a pair of
Smithys and two 2" cast iron sewer pipes (my dad
was a contractor) had a very unique song of it's
own.

Dick J

--- Finishline Coatings

=====