Re: flatheads & GMC's

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: flatheads & GMC's
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:22:08 EDT
Russ; When I was a kid selling newspapers on the corner, across the street
was a drugstore. The soda jerk drove a stock bodied 32 Chevy 5 window with a
302 in it. How I loved that car. When he went in the Army he tried to give me
a good deal but I was just to young to have a car. When I first ran at the
salt with my 32 Ford 5 window with a 270 in it I loved that car to.
                                                        One of the neatest
things about that car was it and other GMC cars got the V8 guys so upset at
the perceived advantage of a GMC that they went off into a corner of only
Ford and Merc engines so that they wouldn't be getting beat anymore.
        I don't know what Doug said but I do know he is a good guy, so maybe
there is some misunderstanding here.   Rich Fox