Re: Ford C-4 Tranny Gear Deliberations

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford C-4 Tranny Gear Deliberations
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:53:29 -0500
I simply don't understand using an Automatic.... Sorry Doug... ain't that I
don't love your car... .. When you have limeted Ponies why waste them on the
Auto?

With the in and Out box I understand they can be effiecent.... but with a
Torque converter all that is Lost....

SOOOOOO lets evaluate how to stick a Four speed in your car for a sec....(
bare with me on this even if your not interested )  First the Clutch linkage
is a NON issue with the advent of Hydraulic Throw out bearings.... ( 150 or
so ) and you already have Brakes so sicking another pedal in isn't that much
of an issue.... especially with the Floor Mounted stuff out there....again
about 100- 150 dollars.... Okay now we are up to a Clutch.... Tilton Two and
Three disc Clutches are avalible from Muscle Motorsports Used for about 200
bucks apiece....

Okay now are up to the Bell Housing.... well.... you already have it set up
for something... Ford and they make those for around 200..... Fly wheels are
going to be interesting... but they are sure doable I am sure....

Okay finally we get to the Trans itself.... Again Muscle sells rebuilt
T-10's ( Stage Three.... Nascar Stuff... good to 750 hp ) for around
1500.... and Gear selection is absolutely selectable even down to a 2:43
first 165 second and a 118 Third....

So on the end of the day Doug.... Personally I would go down this Road....
and Not have an Auto..... Besides.... God wants us to Shift Race cars....

Keith.... ( just food for thought Doug )