Re: Ford C-4 Tranny Gear Deliberations

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford C-4 Tranny Gear Deliberations
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:33:42 -0400
Doug

Can't speak directly to the C-4, but as for automatics...back in '92 we went
from a T-400 w/torque converter (best speed 201 MPH) to a Ford 3-speed
(terrible ratio spread) and ran 212 MPH off the trailer.

Later on a close ratio 4-speed went even faster. And if I could I'd make the
ratio even closer.

John Beckett, LSR #79, E/FCC