Re: 150mph club & attracting new members

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 150mph club & attracting new members
From: ECTA845@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:25:23 EDT
John, I like the idea of the new street classes.It will offer a place to
start setting records (unlike the 130 class).And as time and MONEY become
available anyone
that is in the two new classes will have the chance to upgrade to better
saftey equipment  and  higher speeds.This seems like a good deal to me as I
have
recently taken on a partner to build a car for Maxton.We want to start out
going
under 150MPH (got to start somewhere).As for new members they will come as
the word spreads. I know of at least 5 people that are planning to come to the
October meet to see just what it is we are doing (going fast and having
FUN).And
you can thank Keith and Hot Rod Mag for that as before the article came out
they did not seem interested.

Now if there was a 1250 cc/75cid class for lakesters and streamliners I'd be
in heaven.

Randy Williams
Near Nashbilly TN.