Re: Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)

To: V4GR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:03:54 -0400
To be candid with you a rotary is not like a turbine in that it does not
purely rotate. The eccentric shaft gets it forces from the rotor going
around a statioary gear in a wobble sort of motion and the rotor does
climb from the bottom of the housing to the top and does not rotate in
the sense a turbine does.. BTW what class you race in??? Does this
affect the competition in that class.. Not that it really matters but
want to know if there are any untold factors.. To be honest if they run
heads up my racing pal Mike Allen has a problem on his hands and I have
a ton of effort in that car to set a record, and if they run at 2.1 my
racing pal John Goodman has a problem too with his 2 records and some
future plans...I am starting to think thwere are two classes 'US' and
'Them'   LOL  Dan you have been very quiet on this...
Dave Dahlgren