Re: My WOS adventure Part 1.

To: landspeedracer@email.msn.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My WOS adventure Part 1.
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 20:52:32 EDT
     Hi  John,  Thanks for sharing your World Of Speed triumphs and travails
with all of us ....... I followed both installments with great interest .
Congratulations to
you, Joe, Dave, Lionel and any other crew members / assistants for upping your
own D / GCC record ...... a real team effort by some " right coast " speed
merchants !     You all can also be quite pleased that you ran  SO VERY CLOSE
to grabbing the D fuel record, even if it eluded you this year ...... it
should really inspire you to squeeze out those few more remaining MPHs hiding
somewhere
in the confines of that Chevette ...... OR in the collective brain - trust
that makes
the little car' s wheels turn so fast !     Tom Bryant must feel you guys
breathing
down his neck at this turn of events !
     John, I wonder if you could fill us in on some of the details of your
very healthy
small block Chev ( MY favorite choice of racing powerplant, even if NOT that
of
my sons ! ) ...... WITHOUT giving away any of those " good ole boy " southern
speed secrets ?    You know ..... stuff like head type, bore & stroke,  C.R.,
basic induction type ( forget all that nitrous bottled HP stuff ...... just
interested
in the set up you use with gas only ), type of rockers, camshaft drive, maybe
a little about the cam itself ....... without revealing anything you regard
as confidential !!!
      Thanks in advance for any info you care to share with us on that hi -
winding
record wrecker of yours ......  I' ve always felt that pound for pound ......
and
power per dollar ...... small block Chevs are the racer' s best bet, even
though
I still favor the flatheads I learned on ...... in true hot rods, and vintage
racers
in LSR, and early drag and oval track racing, also !
      There is a slight chance I' ll see you guys at Maxton this year ......
I HOPE !
 Again,  WELL DONE  to your whole team !!!
        Bruce    ...... up here in the great fall weather of New England