Re: Little screws and tubless tires

To: kturk@ala.net, Doug Anderson <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Little screws and tubless tires
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
I'll be real nice - I'll be real nice, I promise.
 I take back what I said about moving parts and
low bid contractors and all that.  hee hee.  I
sure would appreciate it if you brought that with
you, it would save me a lot of measuring and
trial and error. I've got a lead on a lower
control arm not twenty miles form here, but if
that doesn't work, I just got off of the phone
talking to a "certified" welder - who races
roundy-round, so he appreciates my dilema, and
even knew right away about cutting and welding to
change caster.  Stess is getting high in my old
self, but I'm still burning it at both ends to
make sure I make this meet!

--- Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net> wrote:
> Dick if your Real Nice.... I will bring you an
> extra Moon disc with the 3
> duez fasteners holes installed... and the Cut
> out's for the Tabs.... so you
> can tack them on... then take off the disc and
> weld them up... then you can
> use the Disc to mark where to drill your new
> Disc's....Brad and I talked
> about turning several of my old ones into Swap
> Meet Material.... figure
> they gotta be worth 10 bucks as Gigs....

> ----------
> > From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
> > To: Doug Anderson
> <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>; kturk@ala.net;
> land-speed@autox.team.net
> > Subject: Little screws and tubless tires
> > Date: Monday, October 16, 2000 4:03 PM
> >
> > Now that I have learned that you can't put
> moons
> > on tubless tires/wheels with little screws
> like
> > was done on the old 7.50 x 15 skinnies, I'm
> going
> > to weld little tabs around the wheel to
> fasten
> > the moons.  Since I gotta do all that (and I
> > ain't got time to do it right now), I'll
> order
> > some more dzues fasteners and do it that way
> > during the winter revitalization months. It
> seems
> > like a good winter project anyhow!

> > Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf!  It's
> FREE.
> > http://im.yahoo.com/

=====
*         Dick J          *