Re: Little screws and tubless tires

To: DrMayf@aol.com
Subject: Re: Little screws and tubless tires
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:56:17 -0700
I USED to have 6 8-32 screws holding my discs on (each). I drilled holes in the
rim, tapped & threaded them, and used pan-head screws about 7/16 in length with
small flat washers. They went into the bead, but not THRU it. Actually they held
the bead in place similar to drag slick screws. Never lost any air, but I did
lose a disk - I guess 6 tiny screws wasn't enough so I went to the Dzus. Also it
is a pain in the b*tt to put in 6 screws, and you have to paint index marks on
the wheel & disk or it will REALLY drive you nuts.
Ed