Re: Jan 1, 2001

To: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Subject: Re: Jan 1, 2001
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 07:11:22 -0800 (PST)
Boy, do I agree with that!  Yeah, the Real Street
class (and I think Production too) require full
interiors.  My next step up is going to be to try
the USFRA 130 and/or 150 club, and I think I may
need a full interior for that as well. (I will
get full clarification before i get ready.)  I
spent almost half of my prep time finding pieces
of trim to make the car meet rule requirements. I
would love to pull out the headliner, door panels
and carpet (that my wife and I worked so hard
cutting and gluing in place) and put a set of
aluminum panels on the doors!  I sure hope that
change will be coming.

--- dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net> wrote:
> A race car with a headliner??? How about some
> crumpled up newspaper on
> the floor in case the fire starts there and
> won't keep burning in case
> it is a damp day?? Just kidding do these
> classes require upholstery?? If
> so now there is a rule to change for safety
> sake alone.. Burning fabric
> with all the Nylon rayon and all that has some
> pretty nasty fumes even
> after you get a fire out.. It ought to be
> mandatory to remove it for
> safety ?? Yes ?? No ??
> Dave Dahlgren
>
> Dick J wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of January 1,I can't wait to see the
> new
> > rules! I'm really curious to see how that
> > "nostalgia" split in the classes went.
> Shoot, if
> > I get my car fast enough, it might open up a
> real
> > class for that ole Camaro. What? Something
> like
> > "C" Nostalgia Production, or something?  I
> just
> > gotta figure out how to weld pieces onto my
> roll
> > bar to turn it into a roll cage without
> burning
> > the headliner!
> >
> > Dick J
> >
> > --- Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Im staying out of this one. Lets let Keith
> > > recover from the bashing he has
> > > taken this year already. And lets just
> > > brainstorm for Jan 1, 2001. A whole new
> > > year Keith cant you wait.