Re: Jan 1, 2001

To: dahlgren@uconect.net, owner-land-speed@autox.team.net, lsr_man@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Jan 1, 2001
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:47:51 EST
In a message dated 11/2/0 7:05:13 AM, dahlgren@uconect.net wrote:

<<If
so now there is a rule to change for safety sake alone.. Burning fabric
with all the Nylon rayon and all that has some pretty nasty fumes even
after you get a fire out.. It ought to be mandatory to remove it for
safety ?? Yes ?? No ??
Dave Dahlgren>>

Now there's something I've wondered about.  Supposedly there is a
requirement, I don't recall the FMVSS number on fabrics used in vehicles but
it requires that the materials be flame retardant, butIthink we all know what
that means (if it makes enough smoke, it will put itself out).

    Mike