Re: 200 Club Minimums

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 200 Club Minimums
From: SaltyCuda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:00:48 EST
All I want to say about minimums is once they have been set, don't revise
them.  We put our A motor on the engine stand, build a B motor because the
minimum was lower in B than the record in A.  However, the 2-club board
revised the minimums, increasing the B minimum to about 5 mph higher than the
A record.  We weren't aware of the change until we were on the salt, in line
for our qualification attempt.  We went on to set a record in the class, but
did not exceed the new minimum.  We would have been better off just
freshening up our A motor.

So if you set them don't change them.

Jim (frustrated with the system) Snyder.

PS I got into the club in 1990, AA/Alt class.  Long before minimums, in fact
we had to do it three times to get a record back then.  Qualify by exceeding
the record, then the next day at 7:00 a.m. all the previous day's qualifiers,
made a run down the course and back within an hour or so, to get the two way
average.  The attempt with the B motor was in '96 with my partner at the
wheel, Phil Grisotti.