Re: Parachute lines

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <wspotter@jps.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parachute lines
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:32:27 -0700
Bruce,list,

It depends on the weave of the nylon according to a guy who used to rig
parachutes at the Marana,Az. skydiving center. That's why I said PROPER nylon
tow line. Some of it has very good shock absorbing qualities while other nylon
has almost none. I like the ideas being kicked around on the shock absorbers
but we would have to over engineer the things at first until we understood all
the forces involved.
 Bad enough to loose a chute, let alone tear the back of the car off with a
bunch of hardware going overboard.

Howard