Dry sump pumps

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dry sump pumps
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:50:31 +1300
Need a little help and advice Team !

Setting up the dry sump pump ( Peterson 4 stage with -16 AN inlet line from
tank ) on my new motor, can someone tell me the approx flow rate through the
pressure stage at 7500 engine rpm with the pump at 50% of that speed. I need
this info to correctly order a remote filter to be inserted in the single -16
AN line returning scavenged oil to the tank. Those available through
speedshops have -12 AN fittings at best. There are plenty of industrial and/or
truck units available for oil with the bigger fittings, but need the approx
flow rate to get it right.

Chris Harris  New Zealand.