Fwd: Book Wanted

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, lanspeed@west.net
Subject: Fwd: Book Wanted
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:02:26 EST
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Full-name: Want1937hd
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:34:18 EST
Subject: Re: Book Wanted
To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com

Hello Doug, Mark Dees "The Miller Dynasty" is a must have! The price of the
new edition at $150.00 is not a bad deal at all , at one time the first
printing was going for $500.00. I got a copy autographed from Mark when it
first came out. It is the frist book that I got a photo credit in. You'll be
happy to know it was a photo of Tommy Miltons  Muroc Dry Lake Record car. It
turned 151.26 in 1924, just 5MPH short of the Land Speed Record at the time.
In later years the car was run on dirt tracks on the east coast. The car is
restored and in a collection in Minnesota today. For the record I once owned
Ardun V8 60 , the first one built, I believe it spent its life on a dyno. The
60's were made in Germany and had a Bristol type rocker setup that did away
with the long far side rocker. I also had a set of NEW never assembled big
Ardun heads. I sold them 23 years ago to pay off the plumber when we built
our house. Happy Thanksgiving, tell Santa about Mark Dees book! Bob