Re: LSR Speedometer

To: Dave Dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Subject: Re: LSR Speedometer
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:28:23 -0700
Ask Byron what a bone stock zx11 motor makes, 126-135 at the rear wheel, mine
has a slightly
better head, better compression, 40mm Lectrons (+16hp on Fast by Gast dyno with
these carbs
alone), a good large tube header system, and 4 number 28 nitrous jets, you do
the math

admittedly I dont have nitrous dyno run, only dyno I had access to is an
inertia type, not well
suited for nitrous pulls

and I have seen as low as upper 90's to low 100hp normally aspirated, with
different cams,
carbs, compression etc

every punk kid around the world with their zx bike makes 140 hp + at the rear
wheel (not the
crank) with just a pipe, and you and I know that 4 nozzles with #28 nitrous
jets makes more
than 100hp

I dont have the dyno experience or money, but I do have a timing slip that show
195 2-1/4
speed, and 198.7mph average in the first mile, which points (to me anyway) to
200mph terminal
speed on a box of used bearings, rings, pistons,  rods, crank, built on  a 12
foot by 6 foot
slab of broken concrete

I know alot of things can break, our point being, see how fast you can go
before something does
break, had I bought all the parts everyone said I should have from the
beginning I would still
be saving to make it to the salt, instead I have had a blast every year since
91,           I
know not going fast yet, but it has still been educational and fun

Joe (not going fast on a snowy day, with little investment) Amo