Re: shaving tires

To: "Crim" <gwcrim@usa.com>
Subject: Re: shaving tires
From: "Dale & Evelyn Thomas" <bikerschoice@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 05:47:47 -0500
Crim,
   If you want tires for your stock rims, that is where you will encounter
some problems. If you go to 18" or 17" front and rear, you can buy tires off
the shelf.  Dunlop has 110/80zr18 (ft) and a 150/80zr16 ( Rear) that you can
install on your bike with a wheel change. Metzler has some MEZ1 tires that
should fit if you go to 18" front and rear. One thing you are going to have
to do is lose the stock 19" front wheel that came on your bike (you are
talking about you Sportster ?) if you want a decent z rated tire.
   A 150 should fit the stock rear rim on your bike , but might be a little
close to the belt.

Dale Thomas
O.F.O.S. racing