Re: Weight and Balance

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Weight and Balance
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:04:10 -0500
> >       Dale,  You are correct .   Even if you throw a dart backwards
> > it reverses itself in flight and the heavy end ends up in front .

I have been reviewing lots of the writing, and must comment that while the
heavy end (by mass) is not necessarily the heavy end, (by drag) when the
object is moving.  The forces acting on our vehicles bodies is constantly
changing.  I believe that the "heavy end at speed is a combination of the CP
and CG.  The cars that do not spin seem to have most of the aerodynamic
appendages at the rear 1/3 of the car.  i.e.  lakesters with the real aero
frontal area  profile behind the driver or any car with a spoiler or wing to
create negative lift for traction.  I am following these discussions
closely, and am learning a lot.  Please continue.

OK guys, the Merkur is really for sale.  I just got really serious this
week.   Seriously motivated owner!
It is a great car for Maxton with any kind of motor!  Even a rotary :=D
I'M READY TO DEAL

Rick Byrnes