Re: Arduns Big and Little

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, DaCudaKid@aol.com, bigsid@webtv.net, bk185@lafn.org,
Subject: Re: Arduns Big and Little
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:54:00 EST
      Bill, thanks for all the good specifications you sent along . These
V8 60s only came in the passenger cars and some panel trucks,
surprisingly enough .  I do not know if any of the panel trucks had the
round tubular style front axles that replaced the I - beam type axle in
most, if not all, of the passenger cars with the V8 60 motor .
      My second car, bought in 1954, was a shiny black ' 39 Standard
coupe with the " little brother " 60 motor and tube axle .
      These axles were often seen in hot rods of the fifties as they looked
great when chromed ...... all I know is I have often wished I still owned
that little jewel, but I do have one excellent condition complete V8 60,
and a spare short block with a thrown rod jammed in it which is in real
tough shape .
      I got the block in trade for two rough doors from a ' 28 coupe that
also was a basket case ...... a fair swap, I guess .
      Bruce, trying to remember if west coast pioneer rodder Ray Brown
ever ran those rare little Ardun heads on any of his lakes cars  .......
      I seem to recall Jerauld's Automotive in San Diego ran a bellytank
or roadster with a V8 60 waaaay back in the days of Paradise Mesa
drag strip .  Longtime Bonneville salt rat Carroll " Redeye " Gentry,
in his 70s and still on the crew of a fuel modified roadster, told me
at Speedweek that Jerauld's was still in business in the San Diego
area ...... for fifty years or more now !
         Bruce    on the same cold coast as you