Re: Arduns Big and Little

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <DaCudaKid@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Arduns Big and Little
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:50:23 -0500
surprised no one has brought up (or I missed it) that fact that V8-60s came
in two flavors, regular cast iron block and "tin sided" (furnace brazed I
believe).  Friend of mine here in NH has a tin sided motor.  Would look neat
with the sides all polished up and some Eddie Meyer goodies.  Stuff still
turns up.  My racing partner was at home last year and a guy showed up,
wanted to sell a 24 stud 3x2 intake, a pair of early 24 stud heads, a pair
of Eddie Meyer V8-60 heads and a knock off 2x2 V8-60 intake, just like Eddie
Meyers but with no name on it.  Guy took $50 for all the stuff and was happy
as a clam.  Ya never know.  Then theres Ronnie Roadster down in Connecticut
who has a V8-60, probably a marine motor, with four one barrel carburetors
and a rack type carb linkage.  He bought it at a yard sale in his local
area.  Or Ronnie's second Ardun that he found in Syracuse.  Seems he was at
York, PA NSRA meet with his Ardun deuce roadster and someone commented he
thought there was one of "those" engines in the Pennysaver want ads in his
home town.  Sure enough in the Syracuse, NY pennysaver there was an ad for a
"ford hemi".  Was probably a stock car motor from central NY.  Had all the
racing Ardun goodies like C&T rocker shaft supports, etc.

John in NH where the sun came out today and

the 18" of snow started melting on the roof