LSR records

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: LSR records
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:50:18 -0600
As I said in the beginning of this .... the biggest thing we all have to do
is keep an open mind.... not Wrap ourselves around a Particular
organizations Flag...

Louise... I know your Personal Feelings about all of this.... and I thought
you truly did keep an Open mind in your statements.... Dave said
something's that made some sense also... as well as Howard.... Joe and
Jon.... Well you can only do so much with them Two...( geez I love beating
them up... you get Two for the Price of one!!! )

Lets take a second look at what we all really might be saying... Maybe
there needs to be an organization that recognizes and Organizes efforts
that can give us a Simultaneous set of records..... Maybe the Exit Speed on
a Single Pass at Bonneville could be used? as the All time Fastest in a
particular Class.... it's not an endurance record... it's a TOP SPEED
record... and maybe we could further define this organizations structure to
allow Classes not currently recognized by the SCTA..... ( Rocket Bikes?)(
2.1 factored Rotary's???)

As with all things no one set of Rules are going to work for ALL people...
but look at the Burklands accomplishments and what they have achieved...
and there is Nothing that recognizes that..... except the RESPECT of all of
us!!!

Maybe there should be.....
Keith Turk   ( now am I stirring this Pot or WHAT?)
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)