LSR Records

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: LSR Records
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:00:06 -0600
I started this with an open mind... Or at least I tried to...  I want to
back up and take a Minute and thank everyone who has responded... I think
what I have learned today is that I don't know enough to form a reasonable
data based opinion.

I think it's time for me personally to back up and Try and learn how a World
record is set today.... what are the Procedures that are accepted.... How
does the FIA actually do that... what are thier Procedures and Real ( not
Percieved ) interests in Land speed racing as a whole....

In other words.... what I am asking is for someone to educate me on this....
Feel Free to share this with the List... I am sure many would enjoy it...

Lets start there.... and work forward rather then going off willy nilly and
establishing something that isn't nessesary.... maybe there are things we
can do to make this all work better and still accomplish the same goal....
that of establishing a way of recognizing the efforts no matter what the
venue....

Keith ( Why Yes I fly off the Handle alot.... and this Pot was a Blast....
don't want to let it die.... just want to evaluate the WHOLE picture )