Exhaust exits

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust exits
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 05:39:11 -0600
I wanted to share a thought about Airflow and exhaust exits

Brad... Dave and I have talked about exhaust exit points for the last year
and we all agreed that it really has to go out the Back....  While Alan was
over we chatted about that and talked about distrubed air on the side of the
car as a result of Exhaust exiting the Side....  He also mentioned the
minimal thrust advantage of it going out the back....

What was most interesting to me was the thought of using it as a tool along
the side of the body .... We were talking about an aircraft that used some
of it's exhaust as a trip fence to get air to flow around a particularly bad
part of the plane.... Thinking out loud I mentioned maybe using some to trip
the air off the back Wheel wells.... and he thought there might be some
merit to the idea

Just another wierd thought to pass along....

Keith