Re: Exhaust exits

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Exhaust exits
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:34:47 -0700
John,
 I think we all anguish over this problem. I really wanted to run mine out
the rear of the car but had to deal with several problems:
1. Vertical slot in rear of car is only 1" wide.
2. limited space to route the exhaust pipes up over the big quick change to
get to the rear of the car.
3. Exhaust would have run right on top of the fuel cell which is just behind
the quick change. I grit my teeth at that.
4. Etc.
 I don't like them sticking out the sides. It HAS to foul up the air flow.
The only salvation is that it may be so turbulent that far back that the
penalty is minimized.
 I have considered 90 degree bends right outside the car but the turbulence
caused by two 3 1/2 u-bends sticking out may not be an improvement. Let's
see, I have 40 acres, if I can just win the lottery I can build a wind
tunnel with a moving floor and answer this once and for all.

 Howard