Re: exhaust exits

To: "paulblandavon" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>,
Subject: Re: exhaust exits
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:42:57 -0500
Paul, you/we won't affect the tuned length of exhaust if a large pipe is
down stream of the collector convergence point, and the megaphone if used.
I will be using a 4" pipe exiting at the rear of the lakester.  I don't
believe that significant thrust is evident, but filling the vacuum left by
the car with hot air has got to help.  I remember doing the math several
years ago that showed me the exhaust volume of the 4 banger didn't even come
close to the volume of air needed for my coupe.  Now, for a really small
lakester/liner?????
As several have said, It cant hurt.  The only down side I see is engine bay
heat.
Since I have taken the time to write, does anyone have experience with
optical flame sensors.  I remember using them in the early 70's when I was
involved with the Ford Gas turbine program, but till lately haven't given
flame sensing a second thought.

With a rear motor car, How do we know we are on fire or not?
This could be a real problem.  I remember Chris' story about chasing cars
down the salt.
I don't want to invent something, but rather would like to find a system
sitting on someone's shelf.

Rick Byrnes
We have enough youth...........How about a fountain of smart
www.rbmotorsports.com