Traction Control

To: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>,
Subject: Traction Control
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:58:37 -0400
Howard

This list has really opened my eyes to the variety of opinions we have in
this sport. And the variety or opinion is reflected in the variety of our
vehicles. And I for one really enjoy that diversity. Were a group of very
independent individualists, and everyones opinion is important.

I have three problems with this traction controll issue. 1) I don't want to
force you to run TC if you don't want to. 2) I don't want you to keep me
from running TC if I think I want it. 3) There is no way the SCTA can
enforce their own ban on TC.

There are two solutions to this problem. 1) Rescind the ban and let racers
go as fast as they can. Which is what our sport shoud really be about. 2)
Divide all race classes into two groups. Non-electronic vehicles (no
electronics of any kind) and vehicles with Electronics. This is sort of
where the Nostalgia class is going anyway.

John Beckett