Fw: Flathead ignition quirks..

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Flathead ignition quirks..
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 21:06:59 -0500
Scot
Most of us racers forgot about the stock ignitions, but I think yours goes
to the carb venturi which provides more vacuum with increased RPM, thus
increasing the lead.  Yours has a problem like a leaky diaphragm maybe.
Anyway that setup didn't work very well in 1949 when they were new, so I
would get a Mallory with pure centrifugal advance.

Dave the Hayseed
Racing with Mallorys