Re: nitrous at Bonneville/ or supercharger???????????????

To: "Rick Yacoucci" <turborick@TurboRick.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: nitrous at Bonneville/ or supercharger???????????????
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:28:39 -0500
This was a 400hp Plate system and I was trying to run it below the
advertised numbers.... I think our first hits were in the 100hp range....
so since the system was designed for So much more... the plate wasn't
optimized at those levels.... Keep in mind I didn't have Problems .... but
I also didn't have a system that was optimized....

----------

<land-speed@autox.team.net>
> > Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 9:17 AM
> > Subject: Re: nitrous at Bonneville/ or supercharger???????????????
> >

> > > Scott we run a little Nitrous at Bonneville.... and so long as the
tune
> up
> > > is right there aren't many problems with nitrous other then the
pressure
> > > drop in the bottle..... I don't turn mine on till I get the car
stable
> in
> > > 3rd gear.... this year we're going to use a helper plate system to
get
> the
> > > car up to speed in the lower gears and a Bigger Fogger system for the
> Main
> > > Nitrous hit....
> > >
> > > The one thing I think I did wrong was install a system that was to
large
> > > for the actual hp increases we were using.... the systems are
designed
> > > work within a range and if your above or below that range the flow
> > > capabilities are different then the manufacture specified.... and I
> think
> > > there could be some problems with the actual flow of Fuel or
Nitrous...