Re: Fuel Systems

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Systems
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 06:17:55 -0400
What you are missing John is that with an IR setup the cylinder only sees the 1
butterfly for airflow. With the carb it sees all 4 so the airflow is not all
that much different for the most part between the systems.
a 2.5 in butterfly has 4.9 square inches as far as my calculator says. a 950
holley if memory serves me right has 1.75 venturi but has 4 of the for 9.62 sq
inches with 2 cylinders on an intake stroke at any one time that gives you 4.8
sq inches per cylinder so the flow increase is perceived not actual.
Dave