Ballast

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ballast
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:11:04 -0700
Does ballast have to be "fixed" in a LSR car? Could you use a onboard weight
transfer system? I'm thinking of a very small version of the weight sled you
see at tractor pulls. This could compensate for lost fuel weight during a
run
The current rulebook states that ballast must be fixed. If you can demonstate
a safe mounting for movable ballast I am sure it will be looked at by the tech
people.

Why don't you place the fuel in the middle of the car where burn off will have
less of an effect? The heavy stuff, water tanks, oil tank, etc. could be
placed around the chassis to create the fore/aft balance you want.

D Warner