Re: Ballast

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>, "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Ballast
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 07:50:58 -0700
List
A couple of years ago the issue of Vescos car came up and a protest was
started by Jim Fueling stating the Vesco car was assisted by thrust from the
exhaust. I and several others were in attendance at this meeting. Vesco
proved that the exhaust flow / pressure was not enough to move the vehicle
at full thrust alone. With any drive to the wheels the vehicle will not
move. I don't remember the exact numbers but they were very low. Some where
in my file I believe I have the engineering reports submitted by Don Vesco.

It's like Fueling's Chevy powered streamliner (4 wheels )with one removed
being called a motorcycle. My feelings on that issue is a motorcycle has two
wheels unless it is a real side hack racer which there is a class for.
Lets see what this starts.
Glen