Re: fan or no fan

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: fan or no fan
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:06:05 -0700
Torched, in this case,
   Severe overheating, followed by collapsing of the ring lands and melting
from the crown down at the exhaust valve side. This of course lets all the
pressure from both combustion and supercharger into the oil pan where it
overwhelms the two one inch breather tubes and blows both the pan and valley
cover gaskets out, very messy.
     The next year with the same tune-up and water system but with a
mechanical pump we did not have that problem.
Jim in Palmdale