Re: An Odd Question...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: An Odd Question...
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:01:19 -0700
Dr. Mayfield; It has been farily common to see Flatheads with the # 1-2 &
7-8 exhaust ports boared through the ends of the block to give them a
shorter and strighter route. The next deal was to weld a divider in the
center exhaust port to route one exhaust valve down the existingting port
and the other into the heat riser port. The heat riser port being so small
it was necessary to cut and weld to allow the volume of gas flow needed. Ron
Main saw that all this welding was pretty flimsly and used the existing
intake ports for exhaust and formed new intake ports to the existing exhaust
valves. This allows for the use of JB Weld and all kinds of materials that
would not work for exhaust ports. Pretty smart I think. Many of the cars in
V4, which I am running have converted there blocks to 5 main bearings and
had billitt cranks made to fit. Not an easy deal and not one I wish to do.
But I know the rules and they are the same for everyone so I have no
complaint. Except for my spell checker.  Rich Fox