Re: Chute lines...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chute lines...
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 20:02:51 -0700
What kind of vehicle, how big is the chute you have, how fast do you expect
to go. but first, talk to a chute expert like Deist, or Stroud.  This has
been discussed in the past on this site. A lot of things play a part in the
tow line attachment as well as the location. To low it pulls the front
wheels up, to high it pulls the rear wheels of the ground. the type of
canopy as well as the tow line length are critical. A lot of things can
happen behind the car. Getting the chute in clean air is a must. But first
call the chute makers for their advice.
Glen