Re: Chute lines...

To: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, "DrMayf"
Subject: Re: Chute lines...
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:29:13 -0700
Mayf,
I've had some personal experience with chutes, too big, short lines, lifting
rear ends that sent me into the fields, etc. I've spent countless time and
effort with Deist and first thing he'll want to do is engineer you to death
and have you mount your chute on the roof.  Not saying that there shouldn't
be a good amount of thought, but they can't get it in their heads that you
don't want to stop in ten feet. I finally had to go to Simpson to get my
problems solved. I used a regular 20 ft. tow line at first and figured out
what was needed. I still use the Deist pack because it has the rubber bands
to hold the lines neatly in place.
3500 lb. car, 200 MPH, 10 ft chute with 40 ft of line, works like a dream.
Grib