Re: Chute lines...

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: Chute lines...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:05:17 -0700
Thanks, all, for the help on chute tow lines. I now use the correct
terminology as you can see. Last year, 2000, I looked at the BTW car and
John had the tow extended through the use of a small nylon strap type line.
Also had relocated it up a bit. His added line was fairly small and even the
new metal pieces to transfer the load looked small to me. But it worked.
Remember Joe pulling the chute on the long slide when the rear disk brake
exploded. As to the loads, yes there is a jerk factor, the derivative of
acceleration. This puts a big load on very fast, hence the need for a
stretchable line. As to how long it should be, well, long enough that it is
not a factor in helping the car: too long and it won't blossom when you need
it. Too short and it jerks. Now what I was looking for, is a source for the
extra tow line. I HAVE chatted with Jim Deist, some time ago, and even have
a sketch on where to mount etc. But wasn't my question... I still need a
source for added tow line..

mayf