Re: LSR in Hot Rod

To: wester6935@home.com, john@engr.wisc.edu, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LSR in Hot Rod
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 02:15:58 EDT
Wes, Most of the Stanley guys I know have Chevy hydraulic drum brakes on the
rear wheels. One coast to coast 30H.P. Stanley was setup with disks on the
front. Most Steam guys are drivers. Bob in connecticut

<< Stanley Steamers were used to travel the road over the 12,070 foot summit
in
 Rocky Mountain National Park near Estes Park, CO over eighty years ago.  The
 only reliable cars for the job.

 Don't know that I would want to rely on the brakes they used in those days.
 People say that well adjusted mechanical brakes are very good ... I'll take
 their word for it.  I have yet to drive a car with well adjusted mechanical
 brakes myself.

 Wes >>