Re: LSR in Hot Rod

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LSR in Hot Rod
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 09:17:45 -0700
I think the steam record holder is called the Steam'n Demon, or something
like that. It's in the National Automobile Musuem in Reno, NV. Saw it on
the way out to Speed Week this year. It's not to far from the Battery Box,
a 1974 Electric Vehicle LSR car that went 175 mph, and also pretty close to
an early 60's turbine car that ran at Bonneville but didn't set any records.

Henry Deaton
SF, CA