Fw: Rear suspension

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "kturk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Fw: Rear suspension
From: "john backus" <34ford@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:29:01 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: john backus
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 7:53 PM
To: kturk; land-speed
Subject: Re: Rear suspension

Okay, okay, this may sound really stupid but I do have a theory about this.
What if the engine, trans and rear end were mounted on one frame unit,
attached at the front of the engine and the body was attached to another
length of frame with springs, shocks, etc. between the two frame sections.
Kinda like one long ladder bar, of sorts that hinges at the front of the motor
with all suspended together with coils and shocks between. I know this is a
lot of unsprung weight but it could be managed and even eliminate the
driveshaft.

???????????  John Backus