Re: Fw: Rear suspension

To: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Rear suspension
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:46:16 -0600
Howdy,
          I run a short wheel base Dodge Colt, solid suspension, and it is
a rough ride @ 144MPH. I always thought that a small amount of compliance
would help, something on the order of an inch or so. And am now designing a
'liner with the air pucks in it for suspension.
         Question....with the air suspension pucks, ( I think they are
machine mounts, you know, the rubber hockey puck thingys that are air
pressurized)
         Am I required to use a shock at each corner that has these units
mounted as suspension per the rule II-4 ?  or do they qualify as both
suspension and shock?

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001