Re: Solid suspension and visibility comments

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>, Dave Dahlgren
Subject: Re: Solid suspension and visibility comments
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:11:01 -0800 (PST)
 You can get
  Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com> wrote: You can bet a safety switch with 2
seperate contacts which will allow you to turn off 2 circuits.
Dave Dahlgren
   wrote: you have to put all the power through the safety switch to turn the
car off. if
you have a fire and a dead short that pulls the main battery down all the
batteries will be dead not just the main one. If you have a battery that is not
on the main switch and it is found i don't think you will pass tech.. hey my
opinion and mine alone for what little it is worth..
Dave

"Albaugh, Neil" wrote:

> Dave;
>
> Not necessarily. It depends on where you place the wiring and small backup
> battery. Think of a fire suppression system as a critical system on a
> fighter that must survive battle damage-- redundency and routing systems
> through less- vulnerable areas certainly helps. The routing of hydraulic
> (brake) lines, chute release lines and critical electrical wiring, etc. all
> need to be carefully thought out with an eye toward where a fire is most
> likely to occur and where it will do the most damage at speed. Things like
> fire sleeves can help lines survive for a bit longer than if they are bare.
>
> When all is said & done, I agree with you-- I'd still like to have the
> option of a manually- operated mechanical linkage to actuate my fire-
> suppression system but it would be in addition to the automatic system. As
> they say, "Simplicity is Golden; complexity for it's own sake is a pain..."
>
> Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

///
/// land-speed@autox.team.net mailing list
/// with nothing in it but
///
/// unsubscribe land-speed
///
/// or go to http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
///
/// Send list postings to land-speed@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.