Re: What's Up?

To: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Subject: Re: What's Up?
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:19:51 -0600
At 11:50 AM 11/6/01, you wrote:

>Yes but for me:
>
>Trouble with that is I have lakester data and am trying to apply it to
>streamliner......
>I think the lakester Cd is about .14 based on 840 hp and frontal area is
>about 13.5 sq ft. (speed 270)
>If I assume that the Cd of the wheels and tires doubles the Cd of the
>liner, then the liner Cd is .07
>I still think that there are too many assumptions and the only practical
>way to prove it is to run and then do "coast downs".
>Skip
Howdy,
         but the coast downs should be done on a highway to be accurate
with the equations used....the Salt  has an unknown rolling resistance.
lets go out on hiway 80 and make some runs.....nice a flat there, all we'd
need is some 60 MPH coast downs.....

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001