Re: What's Up?

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>,
Subject: Re: What's Up?
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:45:39 -0800
John, there are some basic rules I've learned about this.
1) It's easy to poke a hole in air.
2) It's almost impossible to CLEANLY un-poke the hole.
(Look at the front and back of a 747.)
3) Once you poke a hole, if you try to change the hole you can't win.
   The best you can do is break even.
4) Moving air takes energy. The energy comes from ambient air pressure
   or the car.
And I couldn't agree more with mayf. Especially frontal area.
Each square inch is VERY, VERY important on a streamliner.
It's very difficult and time consuming to build a small car.
It's easier to build a bigger car and buy zillion HP pro built
motors.

Jack goes 250 MPH with less than 250 HP. Ron Main went faster,
but I bet Main spent more on gaskets than Jack did on the
whole motor. I'm serious.

Just my opinion John,
Bryan